Sessions Shift Educational Focus from Grooming the Cyber Elite to Strengthening the Broader Community
Alexandria, VA, U.S.A. (PRWEB) December 16, 2016
(ISC)²® is seeking speakers for the 5th annual (ISC)² CyberSecureGov, to be held May 9-11, 2017, at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, D.C. Themed “Educating the Workforce in Cyber,” this 3-day training event brings together luminaries from government, academia and industry to address the human element of cybersecurity throughout the workplace from technical, managerial and general perspectives. This educational program will be different from the typical DC-area event, gathering experts from across the nation to participate.
“Practicing good cyber hygiene is now required of every government employee, not just a small group of professionals categorized as the cyber ‘elite’,” said Dan Waddell, CISSP, CAP, PMP, managing director, North America Region and director of U.S. Government Affairs, (ISC)². “This year’s CyberSecureGov speakers will inspire the application of best practices, principles and technologies that create a culture characterized by a security mindset for the benefit of those in the field and throughout the broader workplace.”
(ISC)² is currently accepting speaker submissions in the following topic areas:
- Cloud Security
- Threat Intelligence
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- DevOps – Automation and Agility
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover)
- Professional Development
- Business, Financial and Risk Implications
- Identity Access Management
- The Privacy Challenge
- Technical Demonstrations
Please visit the 2017 CyberSecureGov speaker submission website http://ow.ly/Wj2U307a06v to submit a proposal. For inquiries, please email csg(at)isc2(dot)org. (ISC)² will accept submissions until February 1, 2017.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- David Shearer, CISSP, CEO (ISC)²
- David Kennedy, QSA, OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, ISO 27001, GSEC, MCSE, founder of TrustedSec, Binary Defense Systems and DerbyCon, and member of the (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Christopher Pogue, MSIT, CISSP, CEH, CREA, GCFA, QSA, chief information security officer, Nuix and adjunct professor of cybersecurity, Southern Utah University
- Major General Sarah E. Zabel, CISSP, vice director, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), U.S. Air Force
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)² offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 123,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation– The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit http://www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
© 2016, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, CCFP, CCSP, HCISPP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, of (ISC)², Inc.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/12/prweb13932454.htm