PLANO, Texas Feb. 7, 2011
These new initiatives are part of JCPenney’s overall findmore strategy which encourages store associates and customers – whether using the fixture, iPad, jcp.com enabled point-of-sale register or in-store marketing pieces – to "find more" by providing access to the expanded assortments and product information available on jcp.com. Having access to jcp.com in the store ensures that customers find what they are looking for when they visit a JCPenney store and also serves as an associate selling and education tool, allowing store associates to deliver exceptional customer service.
Findmore Fixture Features:
With the findmore fixture, JCPenney is able to take its digital platform directly into the store. More than just a kiosk linking store users to jcp.com’s 250,000 online products, the 42-inch touchscreen findmore smart fixture provides a unique, interactive digital experience that naturally fits into the store. Serving as an anchor for the merchandise department, the fixture elevates the in-store shopping experience, allowing users to:
- View jcp.com’s vast assortment of merchandise and "find more" sizes, colors, styles and items not available – or out of stock – in the store.
- Red Book
- Check the availability of merchandise in-store or nearby stores.
- E-mail images and information about an online item to themselves or a friend.
- Use 360 degree views and zoom features to see all details of a product.
- Scan the barcode of an in-store item to learn more about the product’s features, additional colors and sizes available, and even washing instructions. The findmore fixture will also provide product recommendations for complementary items (ex. A customer scans a pair of pants and the findmore fixture will suggest tops and accessories to go with it).
- View items and outfits and add them to an online "dressing room." The customer can then print out a page listing the items, locate the items in the store and try them on.
- Purchase online items from the findmore fixture and have them shipped to their home. Items can also be shipped for free to the local JCPenney store. Additionally, customers can also print out a receipt and purchase an online item at an in-store register, with the rest of their in-store purchases.
Findmore Experience Rolling Out to Fine Jewelry with iPad:
JCPenney is also bringing its findmore strategy to the Fine Jewelry department with a smaller, hand held concept using the revolutionary iPad. Fine Jewelry associates will be able to use iPad to showcase JCPenney’s full offering of bridal fine jewelry collections for customers – highlighting a variety of styles, cuts, sizes and metal options – all available under the Company’s new Modern Bride concept. Incorporating features from the Modern Bride™ experience on jcp.com, the iPad app will include a notebook feature that allows users to add rings to a virtual notebook, where they can compare ring features side by side.
Leading Digital Innovation for Over Two Decades:
JCPenney’s findmore experiences are part of its overall investment in its digital platform, which also includes jcp.com, as well as its social and mobile initiatives. The Company’s commitment to technology innovation continues to deliver new opportunities to connect with its customers.
the United States Puerto Rico $17.6 billion Long Range Plan www.jcpenney.net
For further information contact:
JCPenney Corporate Communications:
April Dinwoodie Kate Coultas [email protected]