OAKLAND, Calif. Feb. 22, 2011 Orlando, Fla.
Kaiser Permanente is known for leadership in the use of health information technology and its groundbreaking electronic health record, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect®, which is the largest private-sector EHR in the world. KP HealthConnect enables all of Kaiser Permanente’s more than 15,000 physicians to electronically access the medical records of all of Kaiser Permanente’s 8.7 million members nationwide and serves as a model for other systems.
Hampton Roads, VA San Diego
- Clackamas, Ore.
- Kaiser Permanente Anaheim Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Moreno Valley Community Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente Oakland Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Richmond Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Riverside Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center
In addition to its leadership in EHR implementation, Kaiser Permanente’s personal health record, My Health Manager, is being used by more and more members to engage their care teams and become actively involved in their health care. More than 3.3 million Kaiser Permanente members now have access to secure health information management features, including online appointment scheduling and prescription refills, lab test results, eligibility and benefits information, and even children’s immunization records. In 2010 alone, Kaiser Permanente members viewed more than 25.8 million test results and sent nearly 10.7 million emails to their physicians using My Health Manager.
About Kaiser Permanente
District of Columbia www.kp.org/newscenter
SOURCE Kaiser Permanente