BOULDER, Colo. Feb. 11, 2011
- Share the Web with your kids—and use this time to talk about appropriate online behavior.
- Teach your kids to trust their instincts—and tell you if they feel nervous about anything online.
- If your kids use instant messaging, visit chat rooms or play online video games that require a login name, help them choose a name that doesn’t reveal any personal information.
- staying safe online
- Tell your kids that they should never meet online friends in person—people aren’t always who they say they are.
- Explain that making illegal copies of other people’s work, such as music, video games, etc., is just like stealing it from a store.
- Teach your kids that not everything they read or see online is true. Encourage them to ask you if they’re not sure.