LFNW features internationally recognized speakers from leading companies and open source projects, yet also has a beginner track with the aforementioned robots and beer. It attracts top technical people in the world with a range of educational and networking activities. While developers and programmers will be intrigued, it’s also a low-key way to explore Linux and open source projects. Details:
April 24th & 25th
Bellingham Technical College
3028 Lindbergh Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
* Brown Paper Tickets is just one of many companies utilizing open source technology – Google, Twitter, Facebook, Mozilla Firefox, Procter & Gamble, Wikipedia and Travelocity are a few others. This is a great way to get hands on experience using a Linux operating system and open source software.
* RoboExpo – Learn to build your own robot! Serious yet fun technology learning, with humorous demonstrations and presentations to guide you along.
* The Beginner Track sessions are all geared towards new users looking to get more immersed in what Linux and various open source software are all about. Full list: http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/sessions/beginner
* Learn tools that might help you at work or at home – Android development, time management solutions, OpenID, cloud computing, open source car entertainment, and One Laptop Per Child are just a few examples.
* For the developers and engineers out there, attractions include Brian “Krow” Aker, Fedora, Postgresql, and Open Source Bridge. Plus sessions on performance, usability, security, code, site building, and exhibitors from some of your favorites.
* Starving students or underpaid writers listen up! Open source is a collaborative approach for developing high-quality software, and many open source solutions are available at little or no cost. Regardless of Mac or PC, you can run Open Office instead of Linux. It’s stable, free software and even a bit cuter than Microsoft’s version. LFNW is a great way to give these tools a hands-on try. Come check it out!
Ride share: http://linuxfestnorthwest.org/community/rideshare
Brown Paper Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com
Brown Paper Tickets