New York April 26, 2012 USA
Rachel Weiss USA
As part of this initiative, L’Oreal will be awarding 5 "NEXT Generation Awards" to the top rising female entrepreneurs managing and leading technology-driven companies.
May 30th www.lorealwomenindigital.com
Why L’Oreal Women in Digital Matters:
- Female students comprise 46% of Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus test-takers, but only 19% of AP Computer Science test-takers.
- Women hold 56% of all professional jobs in the U.S. workforce, but only 25% of IT jobs.
- Only 11% of executives at Fortune 500 tech companies are women.
- In 2009, just 18% of undergraduate Computing and Information Sciences degrees were awarded to women; in 1985, women earned 37% of these degrees.
- Tech companies with more women on their management teams have a 34% higher return on investment; the presence of women on technical teams increases teams’ collective intelligence (problem-solving ability and creativity).
The L’Oreal NEXT Fund
USA New York City $5 billion New York USA New Jersey Kentucky Arkansas Illinois Ohio
Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Oreal Paris Shu Uemura Art NYC www.lorealusa.com