Accelerating application performance without disrupting existing storage architectures has been a challenge as server processor performance improvements have outpaced storage performance gains. The combined EMC VFCache and LSI Nytro WarpDrive solution has shown up to 3X faster performance and 60 percent reduction in latency for mission-critical database environments such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
VFCache and Nytro WarpDrive technology benefits include:
- Dramatic application acceleration for Cisco blade servers
- Optimized data I/O rates for faster system and application performance
- Automated, intelligent caching of frequently accessed data while enabling the continued protection of the data
- Power, cooling and physical footprint savings, reducing total cost of ownership
- Broad compatibility with existing infrastructure through use of industry-standard drivers featuring extensive operating system and management support
- EMC VFCache :
- LSI Nytro WarpDrive Application Acceleration Cards : A second-generation family of PCIe flash adapters from LSI, d LSI SandForce® flash storage processors uses up to four times less CPU and memory resources than competing solutions.
Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers are expected to be available with custom form factor Nytro WarpDrive mezzanine cards beginning in the second half of 2012.
the United States
SOURCE LSI Corporation