SAN DIEGO Feb. 1, 2011 Maxwell Technologies San Diego
Maxwell developed the UPS module in consultation with leading UPS system integrators to mitigate the effects of brief power disturbances on digital systems and sensitive medical and manufacturing equipment, and to provide bridge power to a generator or other long-term backup power source in the event of a complete power outage. The new product is being installed in several beta sites and the company will begin accepting additional orders in March. Key features and benefits include:
- Maintenance-free operation and estimated 14-year life ensure low cost of ownership;
- 3U and 4U rack-mount form factors for easy integration into standard equipment racks;
- Available in 4kW, 5kW, 6.5kW and 10kW versions to easily configure for UPS system requirements;
- Series connectable for systems requiring up to 750 volts;
- Rugged construction meets IBC Zone 4 earthquake resistance standard;
- Green technology with no heavy metals or toxic substances requiring special recycling.
global UPS market $1 billion Van Andrews
SOURCE Maxwell Technologies, Inc.