1. Always use a passcode! This is a given!
2. Set passcode to a minimal amount of time to lock phone automatically.
3. Set iPhone passcode to “complex” code. The default 4 digit can be easily guessed.
4. Set iPhone security to wipe phone after 10 incorrect attempts. Preventing data from falling into the wrong hands.
5. Use a third party “privacy” browser. (with password protection) Many available in App store.
6. Don’t save or have their iPhone remember passwords, email address, login names, or any other sensitive information.
7. Use 3rd party password protected app for SMS / text messages.
8. Set up “Find My iPhone”. This will help you locate a lost or stolen phone. With this service you can also “wipe” you phone remotely preventing evidence of your dalliances from falling into the wrong hands.
9. Never jailbreak phone. Jailbreaking allows for malicious software to be loaded onto your phone. Possibly recording information without you knowing it.
10. Don’t let iPhone remember wireless pass codes. This information could be used to gain access to personal or company wifi networks.
About McCann EI:
Twitter: @McCannEI or https://twitter.com/#!/McCannEI
Call us toll-free at 800-713-7670
About McCann EI: McCann EI’s Texas-based digital forensics team provides a one stop solution for your Electronically Stored Information (ESI) investigative needs. McCann EI’s computer forensics, digital forensics, mobile forensics, and electronic discovery investigators serve law firms, private industry, and government with the same dedication and expertise that has had clients turning to McCann for over 25 years.
Regardless whether your ESI is trapped in personal, corporate, mobile, or network drives, McCann EI’s computer forensics team is experienced in electronic discovery and recovering your digital files. Our investigators have the experience to provide expert witness computer forensic testimony in courts across Texas. McCann EI services Companies, Law Firms, and Individuals Statewide. Call us toll-free at 800-713-7670 or our Local Offices Austin Computer Forensics: 512-377-6142 Houston Computer Forensics: 832-628-4904 Dallas Computer Forensics: 214-329-9059 Lubbock Computer Forensics: 806-589-0320 Lufkin Computer Forensics: 936-585-4070 Brownsville Computer Forensics: 956-465-0849
Malisa Vincenti, Marketing Manager
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebMcCann-EI-02-2012/digital-evidence-affair/prweb9208882.htm