WASHINGTON Feb. 4, 2011
The "public policy show" on the auto show circuit, The Washington Auto Show features clean energy innovations underscored by President Obama in last week’s State of the Union address.
"With more research and incentives, we can break our dependence on oil with biofuels, and become the first country to have a million electric vehicles on the road by 2015," President Obama said, calling for 80 percent of U.S. electricity to come from clean energy sources by 2035.
Green Car Journal
- Ohio State University
- Fuel from agricultural waste by Novozymes and POET;
- The super-efficient Scuderi Engine;
- Clean diesel innovations by Bosch;
- Winners of the Progressive Automotive X Prize, the multi-million dollar competition for the best 100MPGe vehicles;
- Greater Washington DC
- The winner of the Green Car Journal’s Green Car Vision Award: the Ford Focus Electric.
- DOE’s Green Racing exhibit
- Natural gas and propane vehicles from Honda, IMPCO, ROUSH, Alliance Autogas, and Baker Equipment that focus on both consumer and commercial uses.
- Hydrogen powered vehicles including the hydrogen internal combustion Mazda RX8 RE and fuel cell powered Honda FCX and Toyota FCHV.
The 2011 Washington Auto Show, continuing through Sunday, is produced by the Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association (WANADA). This 69th edition of the show will present more than 700 vehicles from over 42 domestic and import manufacturers.
For more info:
SOURCE The Washington Auto Show