Meraki MX60: Cloud Managed Networking and Security for Distributed Enterprises
The MX60 is the newest addition to Meraki’s MX series cloud managed routers. Built on Meraki’s leading Cloud Networking platform, the MX60 is the industry’s only small branch router and firewall with out-of-the-box centralized management. With fully integrated networking and firewall services, the MX60 provides 50 percent savings over traditional branch solutions.
Key features include:
- Cloud-based centralized management, monitoring, and tools
- Complete firewall services, content filtering, antivirus/antiphishing
- Layer 7 Application Traffic Shaping and user fingerprints
- Self-configuring site-to-site VPN
The MX60’s form factor is ideal for small branches that need security, such as retail chains, clinics, and financial services. With an attractive, low profile industrial design, the MX60 can be deployed in high-traffic areas.
With the MX60, organizations can:
- Centrally manage distributed branches
- Improve network performance with Layer 7 Application Traffic Shaping (e.g. block BitTorrent, prioritize VoIP)
- Control content, users, and applications–not just hosts and ports
- Replace MPLS with cost effective, self-configuring site-to-site VPN
- Save over 50 percent by eliminating point solutions (firewall, traffic shaper, content filter)
Cloud Networking Security Tools, SLA, and Third Party Audits
Meraki pioneered the Cloud Networking architecture. In the cloud since day one, Meraki is the leader in Cloud Networking, with over 18,000 customer networks worldwide. Today, Meraki introduces new cloud networking tools, services, and policies that provide even greater dependability for the most security-conscious customers:
- Two factor authentication protects accounts even if a customer’s login is compromised
- Change management tools enable audits, alerts, delegation and control of privileges with fine-grained role based administration
- 99.99 percent SLA guarantees availability of Meraki’s cloud service, with customers’ data replicated in real time across three independent datacenters
- Independent security audits validate infrastructure security, with daily penetration tests and certifications from trusted third parties including McAfee.
Stanford University San Francisco, California http://meraki.com/