4G Modems and Hotspots Now Available to Nonprofits through TechSoup Donation Program
NORTH PROVIDENCE, R.I. April 23, 2012 www.mobilebeacon.org
The purpose behind the partnership is to help make affordable, next-generation mobile broadband service available to community anchor institutions, who in turn, can better serve their constituents. Mobile Beacon’s offering is meant to benefit nonprofit organizations, schools, and public libraries that lack traditional Internet access or have slow access or bandwidth constraints, and help them get connected both in the office and remotely.
Examples of how Mobile Beacon’s broadband service can benefit nonprofits and communities:
- Staff or volunteers can reach their databases remotely while conducting outreach in the community.
- Libraries can enhance digital literacy programs by creating webinars and loaner programs to provide remote access to disadvantaged patrons without internet access at home or persons with disabilities who cannot attend in-house training .
- Healthcare workers can access mobile electronic health records, and social service workers can submit caseworker reports securely.
- Schools can extend access beyond classroom walls to students without technology resources at home.
- Volunteer groups can take advantage of video and other web-based training tools for more cost-effective training and recruitment.
the United States http://www.mobilebeacon.org
US$27 million Africa Asia-Pacific Europe Middle East
SOURCE Mobile Beacon