HORSHAM, Pa. May 18, 2012 Motorola Mobility, Inc.
Motorola’s mix of smart software, network and in-home technologies will be on display in a Living Room setting (Booth #733), demonstrating how the company is further empowering service providers to deliver on the promise of the IP Connected Home of the Future.
True North America
North America Dan Moloney
Consumer demand for simple and continuous access to content will continue to explode, presenting a tremendous opportunity for service providers to extend and brand content beyond the traditional TV set. With a modular approach, Medios enables service providers to develop multi-screen offerings faster, differentiate and brand the experience, and monetize an infinite array of content—ultimately staying on top of the increasing complexity in the home.
Medios continues to attract top-tier customers, due to its flexibility, open approach and industry-leading DRM. This month, Motorola disclosed a key customer win for Medios, and plans to announce more, on a global front, in the months ahead.
Time Warner Cable Selects
Time Warner Cable’s subscribers Hollywood Warner Cable
DRIVING EVEN MORE EFFICIENCIES IN THE CLOUD WITH HEVC AND nDVR
HEVC – Optimize Bandwidth Delivery in the Cloud
This revolutionary compression technology was jointly developed by ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) and ITU-T Video Coding Experts Group (VCEG). Motorola’s HEVC demonstration builds on its heritage of network innovations and the importance of video compression in driving the evolution of TV. Motorola has been an active contributing member of MPEG2 (1993) and MPEG4 (2008) standards.
Visit Booth #733 to see a powerful side-by-side comparison of HEVC and MPEG4 AVC/H.264.
a five-fold jump in mobile viewing in just one year true anytime, anyplace, any screen
anytime, anyplace, any screen today
The future of the set-top is just one example of how Motorola is driving the evolution of TV and a smart, simple connected home through innovative hardware and software technologies.
- SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ from Motorola Medios
- DreamGallery™ from Motorola Medios – HTML5 & Home Cloud Technology the first consistent TV Everywhere experience across multiple screens.
- Managed Home Solutions – End-to-End Solutions for Connected Home Services. Managed Home Solutions
EMPOWERING THE IP CONNECTED HOME OF THE FUTURE THROUGH SMARTER NETWORK TECHNOLOGY
Motorola’s latest network innovations that will be on display at the show include:
- VSN200 Optical Node (NEW) VSN200 economically
- 10Gig CherryPicker (NEW) – Digital Program Insertion, EBIF Ad Decision Management, rate shaping, and stream conditioning.
- SRM10 (NEW) – Together with the TXPlus card, the SRM10G enables the BSR 64000 to expand downstream bandwidth by 300% making it the highest density CMTS available
- TXPlus As a result, Motorola will have the highest density integrated or modular CMTS with a fully redundant system of 384 DOCSIS 3.0 downstream and 288 upstream channels per CMTS and 768 downstream and 576 upstream channels in a standard rack
- APEX3000 APEX3000 automated alerts and easy management.
- ST-6000 Series Transcoder ST-6000 series transcoder
IMPROVING WHOLE-HOME ENERGY EFFICIENCY
- Developing products that consume less energy
- Redefining a whole-home ecosystem, driven by the DCX3600 Video Gateway, in which all connected devices work smarter together
- Connected Home Gateway Imagine Park
MORE ABOUT MOTOROLA @ CABLE SHOW 2012 (BOOTH #733)
- Dan Moloney plenary session Monday, May 21 "Glass Act: Video, Viewers and Television’s Changing Picture,
- Dan Moloney Vanguard Award for Associates & Affiliates Wednesday, May 23
- 12 additional industry expert speakers MediaExperiences2Go
For more information visit our Cable Show 2012 press kit .
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other products or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola Mobility, Inc.