(IE: the bill finally legalizing activities like time shifting with VCR/PVRs, something most Canadians assumed was already legal). With these new exceptions, Canada’s C-11 copyright law will become one of the most user-friendly, if not by far the most user-friendly, in the world.
MP3 Rocket strongly supports these changes which reflect reality and balance the interests of creators of content, rights-holders interests, and consumer use.
In the USA MP3 Rocket’s “time-shifting” technology also allows users to record Internet broadcasts the same way TiVo records live TV for personal non-commercial uses. The time-shifting technology allows users to view user created content at a more convenient time, and therefore protecting users by the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark ruling in Sony Corp. v. Universal City Studios, 464 U.S. 417 (1984) No. 81-1687, better known as the “Betamax case.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Corp._of_America_v._Universal_City_Studios,_Inc.
Over the last six months MP3 Rocket has been working to improve its YouTube downloading time-shifting and format-shifting technology. MP3 Rocket is now proud to announce the new (6.2) version release with the following improvements:
- Multi-Connections – Now with 10 simultaneous download threads (speeds over 5MB/sec+)
- Free Album Art – Now auto saves YouTube thumbnail image as MP3 album art.
- Audio HD Converter – Convert to MP3 M4A AAC AIFF FLAC WAV & WMA – up to 320kp
- Video HD Converter – Convert to MP4 AVI MOV P2P WMV MPEG & FLV – up to 1080p
- ITunes Import – Auto imports iTunes song info, artist, album info, album art, comments, etc.
For a free, fully functional, copy of the software please visit the MP3Rocket website.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/5/prweb9548536.htm