MIAMI May 21, 2012
"Navizon Analytics breaks new ground by unobtrusively measuring pedestrian traffic volumes indoors and outdoors," says Cyril Houri, founder and CEO of Navizon. "For the first time the number and changing flow of visitors at a location of interest can be viewed in detail at hourly, daily, weekly and even monthly time horizons."
By installing a single hardware device, Navizon Analytics can anonymously detect and count the number of mobile devices in an area by sensing the Wi-Fi signals transmitted.
"This unique approach enables passive measurement of foot traffic volumes without compromising anyone’s privacy," Mr Houri added.
The creators of Navizon Analytics are the same technology developers who patented and added Wi-Fi and cellular triangulation to satellite-based location technology, which now is used every day on most mobile devices around the world. The same team also created the first I.P. address-based location technology for online businesses in the early 2000s, a technology that now is ubiquitous.
According to Mr. Houri, the potential applications for this new technology are numerous and highly valuable:
- Real-Estate Intelligence: Select the shopping area, corner or indoor location with the highest pedestrian traffic for your retail store.
- Urban planning: Determine how best to plan streetscape improvements, lease commercial property and secure special event sponsorships.
- Convention Center Sales: Assess the actual value of booth space on the trade show floor.
- Retail Intelligence: Measure the foot traffic around a store, to more efficiently plan store hours, promotions and personnel shifts.
- Special events: measure the overall attendance at a concert or a public gathering
www.navizon.com $49 $60
SOURCE Navizon Inc.