WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. July 20, 2011
- Syncsort, a global leader in data integration acceleration and data protection software solutions, today announced that it has extended its innovative ‘virtual node’ technology in the NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB) solution to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity associated with data protection for Microsoft SharePoint environments deployed on either physical or virtual servers.
- One of the fastest growing applications in Microsoft history, SharePoint presents significant data protection challenges because of the way customers commonly deploy it in "farms" of servers with different roles. This is further complicated by the fact that SharePoint also includes elements such as databases and indexes that require application-aware protection.
- NSB includes advanced ‘virtual node’ technology that makes SharePoint protection simple and more reliable by automatically discovering all the servers and server roles in a farm, and protecting them under a single check-box item. This makes it easy for backup administrators to ensure that all vital SharePoint components are fully protected and recoverable.
- With the new enhancements, NSB is now able to rapidly restore all aspects of a SharePoint environment including individual objects or documents, a SharePoint site, a database, or even an entire farm. Object-level recoveries take only minutes because there is no need to restore a full database prior to recovery.
- Integration with VMware environments enables NSB to convert any SharePoint backup into a virtual machine within minutes, whether the source data is a physical or virtual machine. NSB also protects physical servers, enabling a full system bare metal restore from any normal backup job without the need for additional licenses or components.
- By leveraging NetApp snapshot technology for instant access to backup data, critical information can be restored in just minutes. Since recovery is not dependent on the size of the data object, even a very large SharePoint database can be recovered in minutes with NSB.
- NetApp SnapMirror replication software is included as part of the solution, allowing backups to be replicated to an alternate site for full, multi-site disaster recovery.
- NSB today supports both SharePoint 2007 and 2010, providing market-leading protection for a full suite of Microsoft back-office systems including Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server.
- Robert Amatruda
- Peter Eicher
- Syncsort Blog: Keeping Up With SharePoint Data Protection
- NSB Data Protection for SharePoint Solution Sheet
- On Demand Webcast: Rapid Recovery for Microsoft SharePoint
- Video: Next Generation Backup and Recovery for Virtual Environments
- Best Practices for Addressing the Broken State of Backup
- Syncsort Data Protection Customer Success
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
the United States