Acer today announced its new TravelMate P4 series commercial notebooks are available in the United States. This platform provides powerful security and productivity essentials to meet the needs of businesses and institutional customers and has the same aesthetics as the Red Dot and iF design award winning TravelMate P6 series. Thanks to Windows 10 Pro and multiple methods of data protection including an integrated touch fingerprint reader and smart card reader, the durable, travel-friendly laptops let professionals work securely in and out of the office.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) December 14, 2016
- The Acer TravelMate P4 series commercial notebooks available with 14- or 15.6-inch displays lets business and institutional customers work securely at the office, off-site and abroad thanks to four methods of data protection
- Enhancing comfort and convenience, the notebooks recline up to 180-degrees flat and feature a LED backlit keyboard with a large touchpad
- Powerful computing with solid state drives and corporate-level features, including leading manageability and security tools
- Up to 8 hours(1) of battery life , enough for a transcontinental flight, allows professionals to work a full work day without recharging
- With multiple configurations to meet a range of budgets, the series offers up to an Intel® Core™ i7 processor with vPro options and up to a Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen
Acer today announced its new TravelMate P4 series commercial notebooks are available in the United States. This platform provides powerful security and productivity essentials to meet the needs of businesses and institutional customers and has the same aesthetics as the Red Dot and iF design award winning(2) Acer TravelMate P6 series. Thanks to Windows 10 Pro and multiple methods of data protection, including an integrated touch fingerprint reader and smart card reader, the durable, travel-friendly laptops let professionals work securely in and out of the office.
“Our newest TravelMate series will suit business travelers and those wanting a practical portable computer for use at the office, home and on the go,” said Steve Su, Acer America business manager, mobility. “They’re powerful, secure and user-friendly with the ability to recline flat, while a backlit keyboard enables professionals to work in low-light environments.”
Up to 0.8 inches thin, the Acer TravelMate P4 notebooks are slim and offer a choice of 14- or 15-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) or HD (1366×768) displays and a touch screen option to meet a range of needs and budgets. The LED-backlit displays leverage ComfyView™ anti-glare technology to help decrease eye fatigue. Select models feature IPS panels for superb wide angle viewing, ideal for collaborating with others.
Enhancing usability, the new notebooks recline 180 degrees to lie fully flat for sharing content off-site with clients, partners and vendors or small meetings with associates at the office. They also feature a LED backlit keyboard for working in low-light situations on airplanes, trains or late nights at home. A chiclet-style keyboard delivers superb tactile feedback for accurate touch-typing, and a wide Precision Touchpad provides comfortable and responsive navigation.
The Acer TravelMate P4 notebooks feature 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, up to 8GB DDR4 memory, up to 256GB SSDs(3) for excellent performance and battery life up to 8 hours(1) to promote productivity while traveling or working off-site. For users who regularly host meetings outside the office, the TravelMate P4 series has fine-tuned speakers and microphones for crisp and lag-free communication and a 720p HDR webcam for clear videoconferencing. In addition to a card reader and HDMI, a super-fast USB Type-C port pairs with an optional Acer USB Type-C Dock (sold separately) to connect up to two 4K displays for easy plug and play docking, while delivering power, speed and a host of connectivity options via a single cable. The systems also support fast dual band 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless for up to three times throughput improvement for 11ac in typical multi-user scenarios.(4)
Built Tough for the Rigors of Travel
The Acer TravelMate P4 series was built to safeguard sensitive data and withstand the demands of frequent travel. An integrated touch fingerprint sensor supports Windows Hello for fast and secure sign-in and a smart card reader is included for those working in banking, healthcare, government or other institutions wanting employees to have extra security when logging in. A Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 chip increases platform integrity and provides hardware-based protection for passwords and encryption keys. Preloaded with Acer ProShield Manager, the Acer TravelMate P4 series provides a suite of security and management tools to protect confidential data. In addition, Acer Office Manager allows IT professionals to swiftly deploy security policies, monitor computer assets and schedule maintenance tasks from a user-friendly interface.
Boasting commercial grade reliability, the Acer TravelMate P4 series notebooks are Energy Star® qualified and EPEAT® registered. They’ve undergone rigorous quality and reliability tests including temperature and humidity, acoustics, shock and vibration, mean time between failure, hinge life, spillage, free drop, weight and pressure, and more.
The Acer TravelMate P4 series comes with a one year traveler’s warranty(5) valid in more than 30 countries, including Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Oceania where Acer has authorized repair facilities.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer TravelMate P4 commercial notebook series including the Acer TravelMate P449 14-inch display models and the Acer TravelMate P459 15.6-inch display options are available at commercial resellers with prices starting at $649.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people’s lives. Acer’s product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones and wearables. It is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. Acer is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2016 and is one of the world’s top 5 PC companies. It employs 7,000 people worldwide and has a presence in over 160 countries. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
Erin Davern Tel: +949-471-7785 Email: erin.davern(at)acer.com
© 2016 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Intel, the Intel logo and Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
1) Actual battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings and applications or features launched. All batteries’ maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
2) The Acer TravelMate P6 series earned Red Dot Awards in both 2015 and 2014, and an iF product design award in 2014.
3) Accessible capacity varies: (MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes)
4) To achieve the best performance, both the transmitter and receiver must support MU-MIMO. The product is based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification and multi user scenario. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. The claim of up to 3x faster transmission speed is valid only under scenario when wireless AP supports 4 MU streams.
5) Limited warranty agreement applies. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX, 76503.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/12/prweb13916547.htm