The new and innovative browsergames platform POPMOG (“Popular Multiplayer Online Games”) starts as closed beta. POPMOG (www.popmog.com) stands for: KREFELD, GERMANY, September 25, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ — The new and innovative browsergames platform POPMOG ("Popular Multiplayer Online Games") starts as closed beta. POPMOG (www.popmog.com) stands for:
– Simple access: Only register once for all games – login also possible via "Facebook Connect", later also via "MySpace", etc.
– Unique game selection: popular and independent games, never seen before together on any platform
– Fun with friends: Get to meet new people – chat and play with them
– Communication over the "zapper": Access to the most important portal features like chat and messages even in the game
– Honor and fame: Motivating achievements and rewarding "Honor Points", rankings and statistics for the full overview
POPMOG starts with three popular and well-known games:
– Industry Tycoon 2 is the successor of a popular economy simulation in which you mature from the small manufacturer to a real tycoon! A realistic and complex economic system plus an unbelievable variety provide an excellent play depth. Whether canned beer or one of the countless other goods: the player decides!
– In Age of Pirates the player builds an island in the age of piracy. An extensive techtree, affectionate graphics and a clever resource system provide an exciting gameplay from the first huts to a mighty pirate’s metropolis.
– In Dragosien the player builds his own dragon’s world. At the beginning he has five construction sites and builds his colony step by step in order to later own his own dragon breed. An extensive commercial system, gambling in the tavern and of course the dragon league provide long life gamefun.
All browsergames offerd by POPMOG, can be accessed for free and can be played without any installation. The player only needs access to the Internet, no expensive computer is needed – already simple netbooks are capable enough to play POPMOG’s games.
Furthermore to exciting games, POPMOG is all about community. The player himself, his requirements and way of playing a game are in focus. Players get the opportunity to found a clan which can be used for every game. Players can also challenge other gamers. POPMOG is always keen to integrate and motivate the community with new ways of communicating (chat, eail, zapper) and achievements.
POPMOG offers classic fame and honor functions, like achievements. Additionally, there are Honor Points to be won by certain activities in the games and on the platform. These Honor Points cannot only be traded for certain upgrades in the games, but also for real prices later on (as iPods, etc.). All gamer-specific info can be integrated into a personalized Gamer Card, which later on can be exoirted to Social Networks (e.g. Facebook, MySpace) or signatures in boards, for example.
Now, everyone who would like to explore POPMOG is invited to sign up as a beta tester. The number of participants in the first part of the closed beta is limited to 1,000 players The closed beta is expected to last two weeks. Who signs up fast, has more chances of getting one of the rare accounts and therefore being able to collect Honor Points before everyone else is able to. Players can keep their collected Honor Points when POPMOG is opened to the public. As a reward for our first players, will offer the chance to win an iPod nano amongst the ten most active players on POPMOG.
The POPMOG-team wishes you a great time with our games.
POPMOG ("Popular Multiplayer Online Games") was founded in 2009 by GameGenetics as the first independent publishing platform for browser-based games. Independent means here, that GameGenetics does not develop games on their own, but integrates popular browsergames from independent developers via the POPMOG portal and POPMOG cooperations. The portal http://www.popmog.com consists of a unique package of features, containing attractive games, community functions and services for game developers. POPMOG does not want to reinvent the wheel, but uses established services like Facebook as a basis. POPMOG for example allows the registration of new players, using "Facebook Connect" and "Open ID". Registration and invitations of friends are very simple. For more information please visit http://www.popmog.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com