HARRISBURG, Pa. Feb. 2, 2011
The new technology capitalizes on three elements to improve the design and manufacture of electromagnetic components:
- Proprietary material to embed highly sensitive magnetic ferrites into standard PCBs
- 3D-electromagnetic simulator with unique design techniques to create patented proprietary winding structures
- Standard PCB processes to manufacture boards containing hundreds to thousands of parts at once, with improved performance and consistency, while utilizing semiconductor testing methodologies
TE’s initial roll out of PlanarMag products includes two new discrete Ethernet components and a 1G Mag45 Integrated Connector Module (ICM) with PlanarMag embedded magnetics. The discrete components are 1G BASE-T media filters and 10/100 BASE-T media filters. Key product features of the entire product offering include:
- Single-port configuration
- Media filter and isolation transformer.
The new products reduce termination components because of their precision center tap and transformer symmetry. This consistency and repeatability improves performance and can help facilitate FCC class B compliance.
The 1G Mag45 ICM is the first fully integrated connector utilizing the PlanarMag product technology and is a low-profile configuration targeting applications that require reduced height and small form factor footprint such as notebook computers.
All products are RoHS-compliant per JEDEC J-STD and meet the IEEE 802.3 specification. Product applications include low-port density switches and routers, low-profile notebooks/netbooks, desktop computers, set top boxes, TV/DVR, IP phones, video game consoles and more.
ABOUT TYCO ELECTRONICS
US$12.1 billion www.te.com
SOURCE Tyco Electronics