CHESTER, England May 21, 2012
- Many believe the compensation culture is getting out of control
MoneySupermarket.com [ 1 ]
Peter Harrison, car insurance expert at MoneySupermarket , said:
"Just as we saw the government banning referral fees to personal injury lawyers last year, it is encouraging to see it continuing to try to tackle the problem of escalating car insurance costs. Exaggerated whiplash claims on even the most minor of incidents have contributed to an unprecedented hike in premiums over the last few years. This clampdown is a step in the right direction for motorists who want to see the cost of their car insurance reduced. We hope to see changes implemented quickly and efficiently but, until then, it is vital drivers shop around for the best deal to make their hard earned cash go further."
Notes to editors:
Do you welcome the government’s clampdown on insurance claims for whiplash?
- Yes – the compensation culture is getting out of control (65.7%)
- Yes – it annoys me that false whiplash claims are bumping up insurance costs (26.8%)
- No – it will put people off claiming if they’re injured (2.6%)
- No – it will give insurers an excuse to turn a claim down (4.2%)
- I don’t know (0.7%)
nd th May 2012
MoneySupermarket.com’s customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you
- The price you see is the price you pay – you don’t need to go direct and you won’t get a better deal doing so
- Your details are safe with us and we won’t sell them to anybody
th March 2012
- 98 car insurance providers and 81 home insurance providers
- 11 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 31 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 28 credit card providers
- 67 savings providers and 37 current account providers.
- Over 1,750,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don’t add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You’ll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors or customer services agents.
nd May 2012