FAIRFAX, Va. July 25, 2011
This combination of Hybrid SandBoxing with IntelliVM and KernelScout means that Microsoft environments can be analyzed using cutting edge emulation and the latest virtualization technologies. This approach offers superior threat intelligence and more visibility into malware exploiting Microsoft applications such as Office, third party files such as PDFs and web threats from URLs, than other tools using single layer approaches.
"Norman Malware Analyzer G2, available as a hardware appliance or software solution, offers the industry’s most comprehensive anti-malware framework for enterprise and government. It delivers deep analysis with unmatched intelligence, speed and ease of use," said Audun Lodemel, vice president, Marketing.
This means that in a risk environment where large corporations, service providers and government agencies may see 100,000 malicious software files in a day, Norman’s analyzer solution has the scalability and intelligence to keep up with the onslaught, while offering analysts an intuitive and easy-to-use web-based management and operations console that delivers customizable technical and executive reports as needed. The solution is plug and play and customizable to every need. The analyzer’s APIs deliver the flexibility to integrate with existing analysis labs, honeypots, and other systems already in place.
"Today the threat landscape has never been more challenging," Lodemel said. "Every government agency, service provider and enterprise is at risk for a debilitating cyber attack. Until now analysts had to make a choice: do deep malware inspection using emulation techniques or through virtual environments. Malware still gets through. For the first time, using Norman’s Hybrid SandBoxing approach, the most advanced reverse engineering methods are combined with the latest observation technology – Norman’s KernelScout – giving analysts the firepower they need to prevail, no matter how deeply the threat is hidden or disguised."
The Norman Malware Analyzer G2 framework includes:
- Norman SandBox, a fully emulated Microsoft Windows malware analysis environment, voted most innovative security idea of the decade by researchers at the VB2010 international conference
- Norman IntelliVM, VM analysis monitors system events for signs of malicious behavior, adding more flexibility to analyze non-traditional malware and more precise mirroring of custom environments for advanced and targeted threats
- IntelliVM uses Norman’s KernelScout driver, embedding the intelligence observation agent at the lowest level of the system’s kernel for super performance
- Analysis Desktop, a Web Based management & operations console offering unparalleled easy-of-use and functionality
- Norman Malware Debugger PRO, performs deep analysis of suspicious files with all of the functionality of traditional reverse engineering and debugging tools in a single interface, performing advanced analysis of the most complex malware threats organizations encounter
"In summary, Norman Malware Analyzer G2 automates and simplifies malware research, reducing manpower, time and costs with performance and speed unmatched in the industry," Lodemel said. "Norman is the original innovator in this market segment and continues to lead with this next generation solution."
About Norman ASA
SOURCE Norman ASA