NEW YORK Feb. 14, 2011 first and leading US-based performance marketing network Valentine’s Day
the United States February 1 to February 9, 2011
Additionally, OfferMobi targeted similar budgets and mobile ad bid prices for all three Smartphone platforms. The intention of the study was to gain knowledge based directly on consumer behavior that will support OfferMobi in optimizing campaigns and offers for its mobile dating advertisers on their network and insights into Smartphone usage.
- Android is Top Dating Device:
- When it comes to mobile dating, Android users are more active than any other device, including iPhone and Blackberry users. Of all users interested in mobile dating 39 percent used an Android powered Smartphone, while iPhone trailed in 2nd with 31 percent of the audience, and Blackberry followed with 30 percent. Additionally, OfferMobi has seen a dramatic increase in Android ad and offer activity across its performance network over the past two quarters.
- Mobile Dating Dominated by Young Audience :
- While love knows no age boundaries, mobile dating seems to be an exception, with an overwhelming 95 percent of mobile dating users being under the age of 50.
- Blackberry Mostly Young Females:
- Despite the assumption that Blackberry users are primarily ‘older corporate guys in suits’ Blackberry devices had the most active female mobile dating community of all devices, totaling 28 percent of all users.
- Following Blackberry on the popularity list for females was Android at 26 percent and finally iPhone coming in last with 17 percent of total users.
- Blackberry had the highest percentage of mobile dating users in the 18-25 year old demographic.
- Amazingly, 50 percent of all Blackberry users that are interested in mobile dating are between the ages of 18-25. Android and iPhone users who use mobile dating services have the same amount of users in 18-25 demographic at 45 percent.
- Males Prefer to Date on iPhones :
- While Blackberry had the highest concentration of female mobile dating users, iPhone dominated in the male demographic, with 83 percent of iPhone users who are actively involved in mobile dating claiming to be males.
- iPhone Most Popular with Older Daters :
- While Blackberry claimed the highest percentage of mobile daters in the 18-25 year old audience, iPhone had the largest percentage of older daters, with 25 percent of iPhone users who are actively involved in mobile dating being over the age of 36.