While traditional disaster recovery (DR) systems have been expensive, unreliable and slow, cloud computing makes disaster recovery affordable, reliable and fast. By replicating entire cloud servers and the network configuration between data centers, the time-consuming aspects of recovering servers, applications and data into a cold site environment has been replaced with just a few clicks to spin up the replicated servers and network configuration.
Online Tech replicates its shared and private clouds between their Michigan data centers. When a disaster is declared, Online Tech commits that the entire replicated cloud, including servers, software, network and security configuration will be online in less than 4 hours.
Other features of DR Now! include:
– Fully provisioned, permanently reserved servers for disaster recovery, unlike traditional cold site DR plans in which servers are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
– Annual DR testing and automatic emergency response by Online Tech.
– A warranted 4 hour recovery time objective (RTO), specifying worst case availability.
– A warranted 4 hour recovery point objective (RPO), specifying worst case amount of data lost.
– Provisioning capability for even faster RTO and RPO.
– Starting at $99 per month, DR servers can be ordered by a single checkbox with the order of a cloud server. Online Tech sets up the DR cloud without any additional user configuration.
“One of the most significant advantages to cloud computing is how it changes disaster recovery, making it more cost-effective and lowering the bar for enterprises to deploy comprehensive DR plans for their entire IT infrastructure,” said Mike Klein, President of Online Tech. “Cloud computing delivers faster recovery times and multi-site availability at a fraction of the cost of conventional disaster recovery.”
Online Tech has deployed and tested DR Now! for its own server infrastructure. “We replicate our cloud servers and network infrastructure between our data centers for our own critical business systems,” said Yan Ness, CEO of Online Tech. “We consistently recover our entire internal private cloud with 30 cloud servers in under an hour in our regular disaster recovery tests over the past year. This gives us a high degree of confidence as we open up this solution to our client base.”
About Online Tech
Online Tech (www.OnlineTech.com), the Midwest’s premier managed data center operator, serves a growing demand for data and computing capacity in small and mid-size businesses. Through its high availability SAS 70 data centers, Online Tech delivers a range of hosting services including michigan colocation, managed dedicated servers, private cloud hosting, and disaster recovery. Online Tech’s Michigan data centers operate under SSAE 16 compliance, allowing its clients to meet all of their PCI compliant hosting, HIPAA compliant hosting, and SOX compliant hosting needs. For more information call (877)740-5028.
Online Tech Inc.
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: Online Tech Advances IT Disaster Recovery with DR Now!™