SANTA CLARA, Calif. Feb. 23, 2011 Ethernet Technology Summit --
Santa Clara, Calif.
- By combining its in-house MAC and PHY components, Broadcom has become the first and only company in the industry to deliver a seamlessly integrated, industry-proven, fully-offloaded 10GBASE-T solution – from a single vendor.
- 10GBASE-T paves the way for mitigating 10GbE deployment costs, and will replace more expensive fiber cables and optical transceivers required by SFP+ solutions. Operating at Gigabit speeds for backward compatibility is a key advantage of 10GBASE-T, delivering a common physical interface that provides full spec compliance and interoperability at 10GbE, while providing a seamless interface to existing infrastructure.
- High performance adapter delivers bi-directional line rate throughput across both ports, and over 1Million iSCSI IOPS.
- The turnkey adapter operates at 100 meters over CAT6a unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cables. The adapter's 10GBASE-T PHY uses a highly advanced digital signal processor (DSP) based architecture that allows robust operation over UTP wiring. UTP enables the use of structured cabling, a key advantage in delivering the lowest total cost solution within the Data Center.
- The innovative offload architecture minimizes CPU overhead eliminating competition for host resources while freeing valuable CPU cycles for processing user applications.
- The iSCSI operation is offloaded and accelerate