August 2010 John Pescatore Kelly Kavanagh
The new release of PCOP includes single sign-on access to all three solutions that comprise the Panda Cloud Protection integrated security suite (Panda Cloud Office Protection, for protecting PCs and servers; Panda Cloud Email Protection, for corporate email, and Panda Cloud Internet Protection, for Web traffic). This feature enables administrators to have a 360 degree view of all vulnerability access points from the same console, increasing efficiency and allowing for better integration of the entire suite.
Panda Cloud Office Protection 5.05 boasts many additional features created to improve system management for IT administrators. These enhancements include:
- A powerful inventory function to identify systems not administered or protected by the solution that sends a warning to administrators so they can protect their network against any type of attack
- Password-protected application un-install to prevent end users from removing the protection without an administrator’s approval
- Significant reduction in bandwidth usage thanks to the option to channel Internet communication through a specific network computer defined by the administrator
- Profile configurations no longer have to be created from scratch, as it is now possible to copy and edit existing profiles with a single click
- Risk management reinforcement through the option to run specific on-demand scans on high-risk folders and files, leveraging all the knowledge stored in Collective Intelligence and guaranteeing maximum threat detection
New benefits for channel partners and service providers
The new Panda Cloud Office Protection 5.05 has been designed specifically to enhance the benefits to channel partners and service providers that remotely manage their clients’ security. Thanks to the integration of the three Panda Cloud Protection solutions through single sign-on, channel partners can now easily identify opportunities for generating additional revenue and sales, not just through cross-selling or upselling, but also by identifying unprotected computers and servers with more transparent administrative monitoring.
Delivering security management externally as a service is now easier, as this solution focuses on maximizing efficiency for partners. Now service providers can export existing security profiles to other clients with a single click, saving considerable time. This new version also allows partners to resolve customer incidents immediately and remotely, as the new management console identifies issues without the need for logs or costly on-site visits. Similarly, specific action on clients’ networks can be identified and prioritized and service quality excellence is guaranteed through the generation of consolidated reports for the entire client database.
About Panda Security
Panda Security Florida Spain
Panda Security collaborates with Special Olympics, WWF and Invest for Children as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
SOURCE Panda Security