CHICAGO Feb. 22, 2011 ICAP Ocean Tomo
ICAP Ocean Tomo’s Spring 2011 Live IP Auction March 31, 2011 New York City
The patents disclose the following:
- A method of protecting audiovisual content by taking the original data and creating multiple playback paths – only one will reproduce content correctly.
- The correct playback method and sequence is buried within multiple playback paths – most of which are incorrect. This makes it virtually impossible to de-code and reverse engineer.
- Through the insertion of barriers in the data, the methods are effective in preventing or significantly slowing down the functioning of ripping software for DVDs and other formats.
- In one embodiment content can be protected by access codes. By inputting a correct access code, users can easily view the protected original audiovisual content in its correct sequence.
- The patents in this lot have been cited by significant industry participants, including Sony and Rovi Corporation.
This patented technology addresses a huge problem.
- $200 billion
- This lot should be of interest to entities involved in content distribution and management, video hosting, and digital data management.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Dean Becker [email protected]
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
30 June 2006 www.icap.com
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo