TORONTO Jan. 25, 2011
- Cameron Haight
- Jay Muelhoefer
- Large enterprises continue to recognize the need for a private cloud to meet regulatory, security and performance requirements. In order to achieve agility and cost objectives, enterprises are taking a page from Google and Amazon using a new cloud data center stack to transform internal IT.
- The new cloud data center requires more than just virtualization and traditional IT practices. Cloud management is a layer purpose-built for cloud infrastructure and processes that co-exists with legacy and bridges to the future. Key capabilities include: self-service and chargeback, policy-based automated provisioning of applications, dynamic scaling of applications to meet SLAs and unification of distributed and mixed-vendor resource pools for sharing.
- No vendor lock-in:
- A complete product:
- A path to production applications:
Platform ISF 2.1 Features
- Industry first "single cloud pane" for IT administrators that unifies operational management and enables efficient consolidation of SLAs across applications into one view that encompasses both virtual and physical realms.
- Enhanced end-user portals, including drag-and-drop portlet-based dashboards, customizable application instantiation pages and logos and summary graphs.
- Unique, self-service hierarchical account and resource management (including Active Directory for 10,000+ users) supporting an unlimited number of organizational tiers.
- Internationalization, including Chinese language support.
- Deeper VMWare integration with support for self-service creation of resource pools, DRS, snapshotting, linked clones, VLANs, vDisks, dynamic growth and adjustment of virtual machine sizes and multiple Virtual Centers.
- Unique "Active-Active" multiple data center support for higher availability and scalability leveraging Oracle GoldenGate.
- Enhanced external cloud bursting to Amazon EC2, including VPC.
- Out-of-the-box application catalog including Hadoop, Jboss, Tomcat, WebSphere and Platform LSF.
- Application lifecycle enhancements including versioning, cloning, reservation attribute modifications and support for application specific logs.
About Platform Computing
SOURCE Platform Computing