ROCHESTER, Minn. Feb. 25, 2011 Preventice, Inc.
Millions of Americans suffer from skin allergies. A National Ambulatory Medical Care survey conducted in 1995 estimated that 8.4 million people visit their doctor because of skin allergies. Meanwhile, allergic reactions to skin care and cosmetic products were the second most frequent dermatologic diagnosis.
App Store April 2011
- Journaling capability to track reactions and share data with physicians
- Ability to attach photos to improve diagnosis and treatment
- Mobile phone bar-code scanning to identify safe products while shopping
- Personalized lists
- Patient notification of product formulation changes
- Mobile browsing of interactive shopping lists
- Ability to print shopping lists from a web browser
"We’re thrilled to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on the use of smart phone technology for health care, starting with the CARD System. The CARD System is a real-world example of preventive health care in action," said Otterstatter. "CARD mobile improves doctor-patient collaboration with the potential to reduce costs to the health care system. And the combination of Web-based and mobile technology creates an engaging patient experience."
Preventice develops mobile health systems that improve outcomes through prevention, remote diagnosis and patient monitoring. Current applications target prescription medication management, cardiac care, sleep apnea, diabetes management, and migraine headache care.
Barbara Tabor, APR
SOURCE Preventice, Inc.