Projecturf, the affordable on-demand project and portfolio management solution designed for small to medium-sized businesses, is preparing to roll out version 2.0 in Q4 2009 with more than 60 new features and enhancements as well as 3 new sections. When the new version of the web-based project management tool is available, all existing customers will receive an upgrade to Projecturf 2.0 at their present plan rate.
Los Angeles, California – September 24, 2009 – Projecturf, a leading provider of on-demand project and collaboration management software designed for small to medium-sized businesses, announced today they will be rolling out Projecturf 2.0 – a new project collaboration tool with features not offered by other SaaS products for project management. Projecturf 2.0 is a direct response to customer feedback and requests for specific features and tools following Projecturf’s major product release in March 2008. Projecturf 2.0 will be available Q4 2009.
Projecturf 2.0 maintains the web-based project management software’s signature navigational scheme and features, including unlimited file storage with no cap on users or project managers, sections specifically created for developers and designers, and almost no learning curve.
A few new features Projecturf 2.0 will include are:
- User interface refinement: utilizes the latest Web technologies to create a more intuitive and simplistic UI. Projecturf 2.0 takes advantage of the recent advances in browser-side programming languages to deliver a fast product that eliminates clicks and provides immediate feedback.
- Development section: a new ticketing/bug tracking system that contains ticketing numbers, open/closed ticket logs, timecard integration, and the ability to upload screenshots. There will also be a section to store and share formatted code snippets for developers and programmers.
- Streamlined workflow: features and sections have been enhanced making it easier to access with fewer clicks. New additions include: drag-and-drop of calendar events, contact groups, a shortcut to recent projects, simple integration between sections (i.e. milestones and tasks have been combined, tickets and tasks have timecard associations, and discussions are more intuitive and easier to follow and respond to accordingly).
- Better customization options: users can change the background, new privacy settings, customizable email notifications, and the system now supports multiple administrators. Admins have full rights to make changes to the account, add new projects, and assign project managers and users.
- New tasks section: includes tasks and nested subtasks. New features include: recurring tasks; assigning tasks to multiple people or predefined groups; writing notes and comments on tasks; and creating timecard entries for each task.
- Full event calendar: has been added with drag-and-drop functionality and integration with all tasks. Users can set repeat events, write notes for events, and choose the time of day.
- Global Dashboard: spans all projects and includes a global view of all the critical sections, such as tasks. Users can get a list of all tasks, across all projects, in one central location.
- Whiteboard Section: allows users to create, edit, share, and collaborate on documents within Projecturf. Users can set permissions, track versions, and make edits using a custom inline editor.
- Reports Section: a new section with more than 10 new reports for users to manage resources, improve efficiency, and track changes and progress. These are simple, easy-to-read reports that have customization options. A more advanced Gantt chart will be included.