The keynote and five general session speakers selected for the first Radiology Business Management Association PARADIGM conference include leading experts on the future of the radiology market and managing through change.
Fairfax, VA (PRWEB) December 19, 2016
The Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA) is excited to announce the featured keynote speaker and five general session speakers for the first RBMA PARADIGM Conference taking place, April 23-26, 2017, at the Sheraton Grand Chicago.
Giving the keynote presentation will be Mark Sanborn, a bestselling author and expert on leadership, team building, customer service and change. Mr. Sanborn has written eight books, including “The Fred Factor: How Passion in Your Work” and “Life Can Turn the Ordinary Into the Extraordinary.” He is president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., and his educational video series “Team Building: How to Motivate and Manage People” was a bestseller in the U.S.
“PARADIGM, the RBMA’s new single annual conference, is coming along at a time of momentous change in radiology, in health care and in the world at large,” said James Hamilton, RBMA board of directors president and practice manager for Medical Imaging Physician, Inc., in Dayton, Ohio. “RBMA is more focused than ever on a high level of education and progress through sharing. Our featured speakers, including Mr. Sanborn, are examples of how PARADIGM will exceed the members’ expectations in accomplishing these goals.”
Mr. Sanborn is scheduled to speak at 1:15 p.m. on Sunday, April 23, the first day of the conference. In addition to Mr. Sanborn’s presentation, there will be five general session presentations from leading radiology and business experts, as well as more than 30 regular educational sessions, learning labs and roundtables. These featured speakers for the general sessions are:
- James Brink, M.D., FACR. Dr. Brink is vice chair of the American College of Radiology’s Board of Chancellors. He is also radiologist-in-chief at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, and Juan M. Taveras Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School. In addition to being an active leader in the radiology field, Dr. Brink is a prolific researcher who has contributed to 119 publications and written 19 book chapters. He will be sharing his perspective on what is next for the field of radiology.
- David Hale. Mr. Hale is vice president and general manager for GE Healthcare IT in the United States and Canada. He will be sharing his view on the future of radiology as a leader at one of the largest international companies involved in advancing technology and data analytics for medical imaging.
- Ingrid Lund, Ph.D. Dr. Lund is practice manager for the Physician Practice Roundtable, the membership within the Advisory Board Company’s Research and Insights division dedicated to serving large independent physician organizations. She has been with the Advisory Board Company since 2008 and previously managed its strategic research for imaging providers. She is an expert in the transition to value-based payment models, building physician-hospital alignment, pricing strategy and managing appropriate utilization.
- Jan McGinnis. Ms. McGinnis is a comedian and professional speaker with a serious business background. Before becoming a professional speaker 18 years ago, she spent 15 years as a marketing executive. She is an expert in helping business leaders see the funny side in change and use that positive perspective to move forward despite challenges.
- Ben Wanamaker, MBA. Mr. Wanamaker is senior manager of Strategy and Operations for Health Services at Wal-Mart. An expert in how to respond to new ideas and technologies that can disrupt existing industries, he has been instrumental in Wal-Mart’s entry into proving health care services. He will help radiology practices understand how to analyze trends and position themselves to succeed in an era of rapid change in health care delivery models.
“One of the many reasons the RBMA created PARADIGM was to offer a higher level of education opportunities and nationally renowned speakers at a single meeting,” Mr. Hamilton said. “The quality of our first PARADIGM featured speakers, speaks for itself. Along with PARADIGM taking place in Chicago, one of the nation’s best conference cities, this event will be more than a educational meeting. It will be an experience.”
In addition to high quality education, PARADIGM will include a vendor exhibiter hall, networking events and special attendee events around Chicago. To learn more about PARADIGM, visit rbma.org/paradigm. Online registration with an early-bird discount will open in January. To save even more, join the RBMA for 2017 and gain access to the PARADIGM conference member discount. To become a member for 2017, go to rbma.org/Membership.
Founded in 1968, the Radiology Business Management Association is a national not-for-profit association providing members with applied business information and intelligence applicable in any radiology setting. RBMA represents more than 2,300 radiology practice managers and other radiology business professionals. Its aggregate influence extends to more than 24,000 radiologic technologists and 26,000 administrative staff and physicians. RBMA is the leading professional organization for radiology business management and is recognized for its radiology-specific educational programs, products and services, publications and data. The resources and solutions RBMA offers its members and the broader health care community are helping to shape the profession’s future.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/12/prweb13932206.htm