Firemint, a leading developer of games for iPhone and iPod touch, has announced that its critically acclaimed game Firemint Real Racing(TM) has been updated with three key features. MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA, July 21, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ — Firemint, a leading developer of games for iPhone and iPod touch, has announced that its critically acclaimed game Firemint Real Racing(TM) has been updated with three key features. Real Racing now allows drivers to choose songs from their iTunes Music Library while racing by taking advantage of the new functionality of iPhone OS 3.0, and now includes an all-new soundtrack written specifically for Real Racing. In addition to the existing hatch, sedan and muscle vehicle classes, the new exotic vehicle class will add twelve brand-new high performance cars to unlock through the Career mode with an additional two championships. Players can also show off their new vehicles in multiplayer races including up to six players over a local WiFi network.
In response to player feedback, Firemint has also added the option to choose the level of impact on the player of AI collisions. Drivers who were enjoying the risk of trading paint in close pack races can continue to do so by setting the "AI impact" to "High". The game now also allows players to tweak the game to their personal preferences even further, adding an accelerometer calibration option and speed display toggle (miles/hour or km/hour). Steering wheel and vehicle control across all devices have also been refined. As an added bonus, players can now drive "Team Flight Control" cars, ready to fly around the track as a tribute to Firemint’s first hit game for iPhone and iPod touch, Flight Control, which recently passed 1,200,000 downloads.
Since launching on June 8, 2009, Real Racing has received rave reviews from media, bloggers and players alike, with the overwhelming majority of review scores 9/10 or above. In addition to its pre-release awards of the International Mobile Gaming Award for Excellence in Connectivity, and Independent Games Festival Mobile award for Technical Achievement, Real Racing has been selected as the iPhone "Game of the Month" for June 2009 by IGN, Slide to Play and AppGamer.
Real Racing features include:
– Boasting via broadcast – upload video replays of your laps to YouTube with the push of a button.
– Unique in-car view – cockpit view with animated driver and dashboard instruments showing actual race data, as well as exterior view.
– Custom control options – Real Racing includes several different control methods including combinations of accelerometer or touch-based steering as well as automatic or touch-based acceleration and braking. Players can adjust handling and sensitivity to suit their personal preferences.
– Huge variety of cars and tracks – Players can unlock 48 cars in four classes (hatch, sedan, muscle and the new exotic class) and 12 unique tracks designed for racing, each with its own challenges.
– Endless hours of racing thrills – Players can choose from five game modes: local 6 player multiplayer over WiFi, Time Trial, Quick Race, Online League play and a massive single player Career mode.
– Best in class graphics, sound and handling – Real Racing delivers consistently high frame rates, carefully detailed trackside environments and cars, 3D sound effects, original music and cinematic cut scenes.
– Accurate surface variations including asphalt, grass, gravel and ripple-strips affect vehicle speed, responsiveness and handling.
– Connected racing for extended gameplay – In addition to YouTube functionality, players can sign up for online leagues and set up customised personal leaderboards on a purpose-built community web site.
Real Racing is available for US$9.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod
touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore.
For more information about Firemint Real Racing, please visit http://www.firemint.com/realracing
Founded in 1999 by Robert Murray, Firemint has become one of the world’s top game developers through its commitment to quality and excellent game design. The studio has worked with leading industry publishers developing over 30 titles from notable franchises as well as originals. Firemint’s first self-published iPhone game, the ultra-casual, broad-appeal title Flight Control, has been a major App Store success with over 1,200,000 copies sold.
Firemint’s accolades include Independent Games Festival Mobile Technical Achievement award, IGN’s Best of E3 Award, IGN Editor’s Choice Award, a "Five Mice" rating from Macworld and Pocket Gamer’s Gold Award. Firemint is the only studio ever to have received three International Mobile Gaming awards.
For more information, please visit http://www.firemint.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com