NEW YORK Jan. 27, 2011
The C2/C4ISR Systems Market 2011-2021 report reviews leading C2/C4ISR programmes and examines the prospects and outlook for government spending on C2/C4ISR. The report reviews the state of the market in 2010 and projects future prospects for the market over the forecast period of 2011-2021.
In order to ensure the success of military operations, C2 systems, together with the more advanced C4ISR systems, are vital. They provide militaries around the world with the ability to gather intelligence on enemy forces, analyse it, disseminate it throughout their units, and act upon it in a concerted and organised manner.
Without the use of C2/C4ISR equipment, even the most powerful military force will be fighting blind and in disarray. As a result, the market for C2/C4ISR systems is guaranteed to be strong, almost regardless of the prevailing economic conditions. However, it must be noted that many countries retain C2/C4ISR systems for some time, until replacing them becomes a necessity.
This report reviews the major programmes and reveals opportunities for companies engaged in the production of C2/C4ISR technologies.
Good intelligence gathering and analysis, coupled with efficient command and control (C2) structures, are at the heart of all successful military operations. Without the ability to quickly gather and analyse information about the enemy’s movements, composition, intentions and capabilities, any operation becomes incredibly risky. Furthermore, without officers and non-commissioned officers (NCOs) being able to exert command and control through secure and often computerised communications links, any operation will face considerable difficulties.
In order to ensure the success of military operations, C2 systems, together with the more advanced command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, are vital. They provide militaries around the world with the ability to gather intelligence on enemy forces, analyse it, disseminate it throughout their units, and act upon it in a concerted and organised manner.
At first glance, there is a considerable overlap between C2 systems and C4ISR systems. However, there are also significant differences between the two groups. C4ISR encompasses a huge range of systems from binoculars through land-based radar to observation and communications satellites. However, C2 concentrates almost exclusively on radio systems and equipment to facilitate communication between units in order to effectively and efficiently receive and respond to orders.
C2 systems range from Personal Role Radios (PRR), tactical communications sets and luminescent glow-sticks to Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft, to communications satellites and Ultra High Frequency (UHF) radio systems on board submarines and other naval vessels.
In contrast, C4ISR covers digitalised, computerised C2 equipment and technology used to locate and watch the enemy. From binoculars to infrared (IR) sights, from radar and sonar to optical satellites, these systems create and shape the digital battlespace that has altered the shape of warfare forever. Indeed, over the next ten years and beyond, there will be a significant change in the size and use of C2/C4ISR systems. Today’s bulky and power-hungry systems will be streamlined, more efficient, more reliable, and more integrated into the digital battlespace.
The range of technologies and measures available to governments that concern C2/C4ISR systems is increasingly diverse and complex in nature. Moreover, considerable scope exists for the development of standardised and modularised systems.
China India Russia August 2008 Israel Israel
Visiongain reviews the C2/C4ISR systems market and provides global market forecasts for four C2/C4ISR systems submarkets –
· Naval C2/C4ISR Systems
· Airborne C2/C4ISR Systems
· Land-Based C2/C4ISR Systems
· Space-Based C2/C4ISR Systems
A comprehensive analysis of the C2/C4ISR systems market
The C2/C4ISR Systems Market 2011-2021 report examines the market critically through the review of a broad range of available information. The sources include government and company reports, contract awards, news reports and interviews of several experts in the field. Visiongain applied financial forecasting and qualitative analyses to provide a comprehensive market report with detailed analysis and informed opinion.
In particular, The C2/C4ISR Systems Market 2011-2021 report focuses on the following aspects of the market –
– Forecasts of the global C2/C4ISR systems market from 2011-2021.
– Forecasts of the four C2/C4ISR systems submarkets from 2011-2021.
– Forecasts of seventeen leading national C2/C4ISR markets from 2011-2021, as well as regional markets.
– Review of significant C2/C4ISR systems programmes.
– Analysis of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats affecting the C2/C4ISR systems market.
– Information on leading companies in the C2/C4ISR systems market.
Why you should buy this report:
– You will get a comprehensive analysis of the global prospects for the C2/C4ISR systems market with detailed sales forecasts over the period 2011-2021.
– You will learn the forecast sales for four key C2/C4ISR systems submarkets from 2011-2021:
– Naval C2/C4ISR Systems
– Airborne C2/C4ISR Systems
– Land-Based C2/C4ISR Systems
– Space-Based C2/C4ISR Systems
– You will discover the predicted government spending for seventeen leading national C2/C4ISR systems markets from 2011-2021, as well as regional markets.
– You will be able to study 86 tables and figures quantifying and forecasting in detail the C2/C4ISR systems market.
You will understand the forces that are influencing and characterise the market for C2/C4ISR systems.
– You will receive a SWOT analysis of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats affecting the C2/C4ISR systems market.
– You will also read original interviews from three leading defence contractors involved in the C2/C4ISR systems market:
– ELTA Systems
– Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
– Northrop Grumman Information Systems
– You will learn about the leading 22 companies involved in the C2/C4ISR systems market.
The C2/C4ISR systems market is an important sector in the defence industry. Even as countries move to reduce defence spending in the face of economic pressures, C2/C4ISR systems still promises to get priority given its acknowledged centrality to dominance over the modern battlefield. This Visiongain defence report will be valuable to those involved in the C2/C4ISR systems market or who wish to take part in it in the future.
You can order this report today. Anyone with an interest in the development of the C2/C4ISR systems market should acquire the information and insight provided by this new report.
Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The C2/C4ISR Systems Market 2010-2020.
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government CCR Ref number: KD4R6.
NB: All visiongain reports are password locked so please let us know what licence is most suitable for your business needs.
To order this report:
Contact Nicolas Bombourg
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626