NEW YORK Jan. 27, 2011
Representing a third of total social networking direct revenues, there is a substantial growth opportunity in the still fragmented social gaming market. Various players including major entertainment companies are becoming more involved in the space. This report profiles the online social gaming market, explaining current positioning, historical development, drivers and inhibitors, and future opportunities. It contains detailed data on the current and forecast market size globally, by user numbers and revenue generated, with data breakdowns by region and for key countries. It analyzes the competitive landscape across the value chain.
Scope of this research
• Access current and forecast data covering the global number of online social gamers, by region and demographic group.
• Quantify current and forecast data covering online social gaming revenue by region and major country.
• Assess the structure of the global online social gaming market, including key drivers and inhibitors at all levels.
• Understand the competitive environment among developers and service providers, and analyze key player’s competing strategies.
• Find out what major players in related media and games categories are doing to gain from the social gaming opportunity.
Research and analysis highlights
$1.5bn $4bn $670m $1.2bn Japan $180m $570m
The Big Four leading games developers – Zynga, EA, CrowdStar and Playdom – have tended to dominate the Facebook social games rankings. However, fifth-placed Digital Chocolate is only a few million users behind CrowdStar. Zynga is far larger than its competitors, with 195m active users across its titles, compared to second-placed EA’s 39m users.
Key reasons to purchase this research
• Who are social gamers? What will the social gaming market be worth in 2015 and how will it break down?
• What does the social gaming industry value chain look like? What are the USPs of a successful social game?
• Which countries/regions present the best opportunities for social gaming investment?
• How can media /gaming companies use their skills to benefit from the social opportunity?
• How much does the social gaming market depend on Facebook’s goodwill? What is the future of the social gaming market?
To order this report:
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626