SANTA MONICA, Calif. Feb. 28, 2011 100 Companies that Matter Most in Knowledge Management
"Reprints Desk’s inclusion on the list is based on the breadth and impact of its innovations to meet specific customer needs while adding true value to its entire chain of constituencies," said Hugh McKellar KMWorld editor in chief.
Among its 2010 achievements, Reprints Desk:
- Named the exclusive reprints and eprints provider of journal article reprints for Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and other publications produced by the American Medical Association (AMA).
- Gained rights to electronic distribution of articles from the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) through an agreement with the Massachusetts Medical Society, expanding the company’s direct distribution agreements to cover the top three medical journals (NEJM, JAMA and The Lancet from Elsevier) in the world based on impact factor.
- Completed integration of its third customer list acquired from a competitor by adding more than 100 customers from TDI Library Services.
- Launched a new clinical reprints licensing and deployment service for pharmaceutical marketers who use multiple copies of a single eprint.
- Entered into a sales representative agreement with Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), wherein Reprints Desk became an authorized sales representative for Rightsphere. Rightsphere is the only CCC-validated rights management tool for accessing current and complete CCC license data and re-use permissions.
- Entered into a business alliance with Skura Corporation to provide licensing and delivery services for scientific journal article reprints from within Skura’s Closed-Loop Marketing (CLM) software, which is used by life science companies to improve physician-detailing performance.
- Collaborated on the launch of the Good Promotional Practices education portal with Prolifiq, a leading provider of sales content management software within the life sciences.
- Agreed to become a corporate sponsor of Room-to-Read, donating a portion of every article transaction to establish libraries in developing nations in support of literacy and gender equality.
Reprints Desk is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and was founded in 2006 by document delivery pioneer Peter Derycz. The company provides business software and information services that simplify how individuals and research-intensive organizations procure, manage and share journal articles and other copyright-protected content. The company’s content workflow and compliance solutions help customers effectively use peer-reviewed literature in research, regulatory submissions, medical affairs, and sales and marketing promotion.
About Reprints Desk®
Santa Monica, Calif. www.reprintsdesk.com
Certain matters discussed in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are based on expectations and assumptions as of the date of this press release and are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements including the following: changes in economic conditions; general competitive factors; acceptance of the Company’s products in the market; changes in the Company’s customer contracts; the Company’s success in obtaining new customers or extending existing customer agreements; the Company’s success in technology and product development; the Company’s ability to execute its business model and strategic plans; and all the risks and related information described from time to time in Derycz Scientific, Inc.’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including the financial statements, risk factors and related information contained in Derycz Scientific, Inc.’s Annual Report on Form 10-K. The Company assumes no obligation to update the cautionary information in this release.
Public and Media Relations Contacts:
Ian Palmer, Head of Marketing
Reprints Desk, Inc. | 415.533.8308
SOURCE Reprints Desk, Inc.