Reset Windows Password 1.3 enables you to easily reset your forgotten Windows password, unlock/enable local user accounts, and remove password expiration policy.
Reset Windows Password 1.3 is a powerful bootable CD with a graphical and intuitive user interface, designed to make it easy for both novice and experienced users to work with it. It is the fastest, easiest and safest way to reset your Windows password. No data loss, no need to reinstall Windows!
In this tutorial we will show you how to create the Reset Windows Password 1.3 CD and how to reset your password when needed.
1. Download the Reset Windows Password 1.3 and save it on any computer you have access to. Unzip the downloaded file, there should be an ISO image file: ResetWindowsPwd.iso. Burn the ISO file to a blank CD using any ISO Burning software such as BurnCDCC.
2. Boot your locked computer. When it is powered on, check the boot-screen for setup key (i.e. DELETE key, F8 key, F2 key) to enter BIOS Setup Utility. Choose the BOOT menu and set Boot Device Priority option: set the 1st Boot Device to CD/DVD-ROM and 2nd Boot Device to Hard Drive. Press F10 to save your changes.
3. Place the burned CD into the CD-ROM drive of your locked computer and restart the computer. The boot loading screen should appear immediately.
4. Wait for a few minutes until the Reset Windows Password 1.3 appears.
5. Select the Windows installation to be unlocked, the program will automatically list all user accounts. Select a user account from the list, then click the "Reset" button to reset the password to blank. Meanwhile, the program will also do some other background tasks: unlock/enable your selected accounts, and remove password expiration policy if your password already expired.
6. Now you are able to restart your computer and instantly log into your computer with a bank password.
In addition, you can also follow the instructions above to reset the domain administrator password for Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 AD server.