Germany SUNNYVALE, Calif. May 22, 2012 $45.00 $4.3 billion
Business Network to Drive Growth
Sunnyvale, California $444 million
Businesses to Benefit from Combination
The combination of SAP’s innovations and core applications with the Ariba cloud-based network will create new business value for customers:
- Together, SAP and Ariba can deliver a truly end-to-end solution that enables companies to achieve a closed-loop from source-to-pay, regardless of whether they deploy in the cloud, on-premise or through a combination of both.
- Ariba’s open network and SAP’s integration expertise will facilitate participation and extend the benefits of business collaboration to all companies, on any system, from any provider.
- The Ariba network will benefit from the performance delivered by using SAP’s flagship in-memory platform SAP HANA.
- Relationship and transaction information from commerce activity in the Ariba network together with SAP’s leading analytics will provide real-time insights to enable trading partners to discover, connect and collaborate more effectively.
- All SAP customers will be able to easily connect to the business network through pre-built integration points.
- Through the combination of the business network procurement solutions from Ariba and SAP, organizations can gain 360-degree business intelligence and effectively demonstrate that spending activities, contracts, and supplier interactions adhere to corporate compliance guidelines.
Financial Analyst and Media Conference Call
Tuesday, May 22nd 10:00 pm CET 4:00 pm 1:00 p.m. www.sap.com/investor
Conference ID: 7427781
Replay Passcode: 7427781
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this press release include the quotes from executives of both companies and statements concerning the parties’ ability to complete the transaction, the expected closing date of the transaction, and the expected benefits and synergies of the transaction. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. These potential risks and uncertainties include, among others, uncertainties as to the timing of the acquisition; the satisfaction of closing conditions, including the receipt of Ariba stockholder approval and regulatory approvals; the failure to retain key Ariba employees, contracts or benefits; the failure to achieve expected synergies and other benefits; customer and partner uncertainty regarding the anticipated benefits of the transaction; whether certain industry segments will grow as anticipated; the competitive environment among participants in cloud technologies; and other risks detailed in SAP’s and Ariba’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F and Ariba’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.
Additional Information about the Merger and Where to Find It
In connection with the proposed merger, Ariba will file a proxy statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). The definitive proxy statement will be sent or given to the stockholders of Ariba and will contain important information about the proposed merger and related matters. Ariba’s stockholders are urged to read the definitive proxy statement carefully when it becomes available before making any voting or investment decision with respect to the proposed merger because they will contain important information about the merger and the parties to the merger. Additionally, Ariba and SAP will file other relevant materials in connection with the proposed acquisition of Ariba by SAP pursuant to the terms of an Agreement and Plan of Merger by and among, SAP America, Angel Expansion Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of SAP America, and Ariba. SAP, Ariba and their respective directors, executive officers and other members of their management and employees, under SEC rules, may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies of Ariba stockholders in connection with the proposed merger. Investors and security holders may obtain more detailed information regarding the names, affiliations and interests of certain of SAP’s executive officers and directors in the solicitation by reading SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F, and the proxy statement and other relevant materials filed with the SEC when they become available. Information concerning the interests of Ariba’s participants in the solicitation, which may, in some cases, be different than those of Ariba’s stockholders generally, will be set forth in the proxy statement relating to the merger when it becomes available.
© 2012 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
Germany Germany the United States
SOURCE SAP AG