NEW YORK July 20, 2011 www.scanbuy.com April 1, 2011 June 30, 2011
Scanbuy’s recent trend report clearly demonstrates several changes in scanning activity based on data processed by the ScanLife system. In fact, as shown in the report, the ScanLife system now processes on average more than one scan per second as compared to ten scans per minute a year ago. The report also details information such as overall barcode scanning trends, mobile operating systems scanning share, mobile device share, representative graphics of users and the top countries with the highest scanning utilization. Some of the key stats include:
- Traffic grew over 600% from the same period a year ago
- 2D barcode scanning is currently outpacing the growth of 1D barcodes, a major shift from 2010 which shows how user engagement is growing with marketer interest
- Scans come from over 125 different countries around the world every day
- Over 45,000 2D barcodes were generated from the ScanLife platform in the 2nd quarter, a 300% increase from a year ago
- Over 400,000 unique UPC codes, or products, were scanned by the ScanLife app in a single month
- Retail and wireless industries generated some of the most scanned 2D barcode campaigns, which reflects a strong presence of QR codes used on products, store displays, FSI’s (free standing inserts) and print ads
- Android OS continues to be the platform that generates the most scans; however the share of iOS increased 7% compared to Q1, 2011 while Android and BlackBerry have a 4% and 3% decrease, respectively.
the United States United Kingdom Mexico Chile Spain Italy Denmark
Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, with over 30 patents granted covering the entire solution. The company’s investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Motorola Mobility Ventures, Hudson Ventures and Masthead Venture Partners.
Global Results Comms (GRC)
SOURCE Scanbuy, Inc.