Secret Proves "Mean Stinks"
To understand the depth of this epidemic, Secret commissioned a survey* of 1,000 young women, ages 16-21 to prove the proliferation of bullying extends beyond grade school and has intensified with the explosion of cyberbullying. Survey findings underscore that 48% of college-age students have experienced or witnessed bullying or mean behavior at college or in the work environment.
Secret’s bullying survey with Russell Research revealed:
- 99% agree that being bullied stinks
- 94% of young women agree social media makes it easier for girls to bully or torment one another
- 73% felt angry and 64% have felt frustrated after witnessing someone being bullied
- 96% are personally concerned about seeing a person being bullied and no one doing anything to help
- 87% agree that social media sites have the power to be used positively in the fight against bullying
Mean Stinks Kevin Hochman
* Findings for the total sample are projectable to the universe of online females between the ages of 16-21. At a 95 percent confidence level, a margin of sample error of +/- 3.1 percent applies to the sample.
**Request a coupon at Facebook.com/MeanStinks $1
About Procter & Gamble Beauty & Grooming
8 billion dollar $27 billion http://www.pg.com
SOURCE Procter & Gamble