BARCELONA, Spain Feb. 17, 2011 Barcelona, Spain
The fourth-annual edition of ShowStoppers @ Mobile World Congress 2011 took place February 13, the night before the international mobile tradefair started. The invitation-only media event was the largest at the tradefair, organized to give journalists an early start on new product announcements, sneak previews, and news.
The news-packed press event included:
- Hands-on demos by Snapkeys of how to type without a keyboard on a smartphone or tablet.
- Sneak previews by Opera of not-yet-released browsers for the iPad, iPhone and Android.
- The Mobile Baby service from Great Connection Inc. and Mobily, which sends ultrasound pictures, 3Ds and video clips from the ultrasound machine to any mobile device used by expecting parents and physicians.
- Demos by Alcatel-Lucent of lightRadio, a small cube that has the capability to deliver universal network access.
- Previews by Swype of faster and more intuitive ways to input text on touch screens.
- Three companies nominated by members of the Telecom Council of Silicon Valley for SPIFFY awards – Cloudmark, Cooliris and Violin Memory.
Scott N. Schober
Companies introducing new wireless products and mobile services included Alcatel-Lucent, ANT+, Anti Sleep Pilot, AppMobi, Axis Teknologies, Berkeley Varitronics, Bitstream, Cloudmark, Conduit, DeviceAnywhere, Exclaim Mobility, Great Connection, Heywire, InMobi, Lancom, LiveShare by Cooliris, Livewire Mobile, Match2blue, Metro AG, Mobile Communications Cluster, Mobily, NAVTEQ, Netviewer, Newbay Software, Novatel Wireless, NRW International, Opera Software, Otterbox, Plantronics, Qualcomm, Secusmart, Snapkeys, Sonos, Star Finanz, Supertooth, Swype, Tap ‘n Tap, UMIC-RWTH Aachen Univ., Vidyo and Violin Memory
ShowStoppers @ MWC 2011 continues a year-long series of press events that began in January at CES 2011 and includes:
- 21 Mar. 2011 Orlando, Florida
- 14-17 Apr. 2011 Spain
- 1 Sept. 2011 Berlin, Germany
- September 2011 New York City
- October 2011 San Diego
Now in its 18th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for hundreds of selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets.
To exhibit at ShowStoppers events, contact Dave Leon, director of sales, +1-845-638-3527, [email protected]
To cover and report from ShowStoppers events, contact: