PHILADELPHIA Feb. 7, 2011
The new portfolio of consulting service offerings will help Shunra customers more easily and effectively test the performance of their distributed applications under real-world conditions prior to deployment, enabling them to predict performance with complete confidence. The offerings will drive such business-critical missions as mobile application deployments, WAN acceleration validation, server consolidation, data center migration and the optimization of third-party application rollouts such as ERP, VoIP and VDI.
The new service offerings are:
- Jump Start Program – An accelerated Application Performance Engineering (APE) education program combining shoulder-to-shoulder consulting support, a Rapid Performance Assessment and immersion-level experience in performance engineering best practices, designed to help a customer begin to meet its application and business challenges in less than two weeks;
- Quality Assessment – Organizational analysis of current quality and testing practices, enabling identification of current execution issues and a prioritized action plan for implementing APE best practices;
- Performance Consulting – Shunra experts integrate with the customer’s engineering team to conduct end-to-end performance testing designed to reduce deployment failures, speed application time-to-market and ensure quality of service before deploying;
- Advisory Services – On-demand expert advice to help a customer’s Center of Excellence (CoE) achieve higher performance levels through improved strategic direction and APE best practices;
- Education – Certified Shunra Professional Services experts providing classroom, laboratory and partnered education in leveraging HP Performance Testing tools as well as Shunra’s technology/methodology and APE best practices.
"At ING DIRECT, I recognized early the enterprise value of the Shunra solution and promoted Shunra’s offerings to ING and in the marketplace, so I believe in the company and its mission and I am proud to now ‘officially’ be a part of it," said Mr. DeCapua. "Our new consulting offerings have the power to increase the value of Shunra’s technology to our customers by helping them understand, leverage, and accelerate the solution more completely in their environments, and I’m excited to share this with our customer base and prospects."
Todd DeCapua Bill Varga
About Application Performance Engineering (APE)
APE is the discipline applied at every phase of the application lifecycle that ensures an application will be designed, implemented and operationally supported to meet its non-functional performance requirements. APE includes the roles, skills, activities, practices and solutions required to confidently deploy and manage application performance.
APE Best Practices
- Discover: identify and record real-world infrastructure and network conditions, business processes, application topology and deployment scenarios
- Test Set-Up: incorporate network behavior, network emulation and business process automation scripts into the test environment
- Testing: integrate with automation tools and enable single-user and multi-site/multi-user load testing
- Analysis: conduct thorough results analysis to identify potential bottlenecks and validate performance and SLO compliance
- Remediation and Optimization: implement recommended best practices to improve performance and calculate performance ROI
Walt Disney Philadelphia www.shunra.com