CLEVELAND Jan. 26, 2011 Sideways
Highlights of the report include:
- Shipments of tablet devices will more than quadruple in 2011.
- Tablet users tend to be young, highly educated, high-income earners, drawing B2B and B2C content publishers to them.
- Users devote significant time to their tablets with the majority spending 2-5 hours per day on the device. This chunk of time is increasing as new apps make the device more useful.
- Advantages of the tablet include the ability to directly leverage existing Internet initiatives.
- Apps offer more concentrated, reader-centric experiences than websites.
- While apps are substantial cost-savers, they can generate revenue as well.
- An app is an extension of one’s brand and having one is a statement to customers and readers that an organization is technologically savvy, current, relevant and forward thinking.
- Apps can convert passive readers to active participants and are a call to action.
- Organizations slow to adopt new technologies and publishing strategies run the risk of becoming obsolete.
Charles Stack Eliza Wing www.sideways.com