NASHUA, N.H. Feb. 16, 2011
Spores record up to a year’s worth of performance data for services, providing graphs that allow a company to evaluate their service providers and review service availability at specific times. "For example, most businesses don’t have any idea if their Web site has been unavailable in the last month," says Bross. "If it was unavailable, was it because of the network, a server, or some other issue? These are critical questions in today’s competitive environment, and yet most businesses don’t have this information."
The Button Spore is available immediately. Although not providing a release date, Bross says that a larger rack-mounted unit, the Black Cap Spore, is in testing.
Button Spore key features and cost
- Monitors ~200 servers and devices and ~800 services
- Takes less than 10 minutes to configure
- Sends alerts via email
- Automatically detects and configures new devices
- Collects and graphs one year of performance data
- 100% browser based interface
- Based on Icinga, a Nagios compatible open source monitoring system
- Uses 6 watts of power
SilverSpore LLC specializes in innovative new approaches to IT management, reducing cost and complexity to allow any size organization to compete in today’s business environment where the efficient deployment of technology is critical to success.
SOURCE SilverSpore LLC