SmartTruckRoute GPS app for Android now includes free support for Android Wearable Smart Watches to notify drivers of upcoming turns, weigh scales, and toll booths.
BOSTON, MA, October 19, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ — The developers of SmartTruckRoute have announced the release of a new version which supports the new Android Wear Watches currently available from Samsung, Motorola, and LG. Recognizing the special concerns of commercial drivers TeleType pioneered the use of portable GPS for truck specific navigation and later released the first truck specific cloud based routing app for Smartphones. TeleType continues to focus on producing the best possible truck routing and navigation solutions. The smart watch app automatically synchronizes with the SmartTruckRoute app for Android phones and tablets to warn of upcoming turns, weigh scales, and toll booths. The smart watch app helps avoid the possibility of missed turn warnings due to surrounding noise or distractions. The notification vibrates on the watch so the driver can keep his or her attention on the road.
The SmartTruckRoute app for Android and Apple allows commercial truckers to use the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet to create truck specific routes with the added benefits of instant routing, live map updates, and turn by turn voice and visual alerts. The software takes into account commercial truck restrictions such as low bridges, weight restrictions, hazmat restrictions, axel limits, and more. SmartTruckRoute helps drivers avoid costly tickets and provides additional safety. The app also includes truck specific points of interest such as trucks stops, weigh scales, rest areas, and displays diesel fuel pricing, At less than 7 cents per day for a subscription, the solution is economical and offers immediate, simple installation as the maps and routing are cloud based without the need for lengthy downloads.
SmartTruckRoute Key Features and Benefits:
– Daily live map, routing, and restriction information updates
– Quickly validate truck route with the convenience of a smart phone or tablet
– Use built-in GPS for turn by turn navigation
– Instant activation, no lengthy map downloads
– Unlimited truck specific routing upon purchase, no lengthy downloads required
– Fast routing, even long routes take less than two seconds to complete
– Visual and Voice turn-by-turn instructions keep drivers safe
– Truck specific points of interest display and search
– Speak destination information for convenient hands free operation
– Driver Feedback loop provides an easy efficient way for drivers to share map and routing feedback within the community
– Fleet tracking option allows convenient, inexpensive tracking of drivers if desired
– Maps automatically cached to conserve data usage (driving 10 hours per day uses less than 2 gigs per month)
– Compatible with the following Smart Watches: Samsung Gear Live, Motorola Moto 360, LG G watch.
The SmartTruckRoute app is subscription based (one-time payment equivalent to a few cents per day). Drivers can test routes and use the fully functional app free of charge from 1-2 PM EST and 1-2 AM EST seven days a week. The Android Wear Smart Watch app is available as a free add on from the Google Play Store. SmartTruckRoute (www.smarttruckroute.com) is available for Android and Apple iOS. Contact TeleType for corporate licensing, vehicle tracking, and route integration applications. TeleType Company, 1-800-717-4478, 1-617-542-6220, [email protected], www.smarttruckroute.com.
Read the original story here: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/smarttruckroute-app-includes-free-android-wearable-connection-395423.php
Press Release Distributed by 24-7 Press Release Newswire