SAN DIEGO April 26, 2012
The SDMA program connects Sony’s unique digital media strengths with academia’s innovative culture. Initial projects are primarily supported by Sony consumer electronics, and areas of research include high-definition mobile media production, new storytelling methods, innovative digital media processes, 3D cinema and augmented reality.
Nine institutions have signed up to participate in the kick-off of the program, including:
- American University Washington, D.C.
- Drexel University Antoinette Westphal College Philadelphia
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts New York
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago Chicago, IL
- Florida State University Tallahassee, FL
- UCLA Los Angeles
- San Diego, Calif.
- University of Central Florida Orlando, FL
- University of Southern California Los Angeles
"These initial campuses were selected and invited to participate in the SDMA program based on their diverse strengths and leading educational programs in digital media, as well as their previous programmatic relationships with Sony," added Zimmer.
Sony Electronics Inc.
SOURCE Sony Electronics