SUNNYVALE, Calif. Feb. 2, 2011 China India Southeast Asia Africa Latin America
Shipments of ultra-low-cost handsets will grow to more than 360 million by 2015, representing a 2010-2015 growth rate of over 22%, while shipments of low-cost handsets will reach 249 million by the same time period, according to ABI research. Both platforms rely on NOR Flash memory subsystems for required densities and performance. Key to enriching the lives of these new consumers is delivering regionalized entry-level handsets at competitive price points. Typical phones targeted for emerging markets range from voice-only models to full featured voice and data handsets with basic internet connectivity, cameras and gaming. The Spansion VS-R family based on MirrorBit® charge trapping technology helps deliver a high performance and cost efficient memory solution to wireless handset makers worldwide.
- The Spansion VS-R family, with densities of 64Mb, 128Mb and 256Mb, is ideally suited for enabling high performance, cost effective memory subsystems used in entry-level handsets and machine-to-machine (M2M) modules.
- All three densities are in full production and supported by major wireless chipsets, including the latest products from MediaTek, Spreadtrum, Infineon, and others. The family is designed into multiple handset and M2M applications today.
- Support for low power operation with a 1.8V power supply
- High performance enabled through burst mode and simultaneous read/write operations for fast boot and quick application loading
- Multiplexed data interface reduces complexity and can lower overall system cost
- 65nm process technology
- Spansion MirrorBit charge trapping technology is the foundation for Spansion’s leading position in NOR Flash memory. Over 80% of Spansion’s 4,000 customers now use Spansion products based on MirrorBit technology.
This release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those statements. The risks and uncertainties include the company’s ability to: create high performance and cost-effective solutions wireless solutions. Additional risks and uncertainties related to the company’s business are discussed in the company’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to the company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K for fiscal 2009 and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Unless otherwise required by applicable laws, the company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
the United States
SOURCE Spansion Inc.