- How to build a strong foundation of leadership that is well-considered, authentic and intentional
- The value of innovation and the vital role of renewal and change in leadership
- The importance of mentors and reaching back to mentor future leaders
The two-day Conference is a must-attend event for men and women in both the corporate and private sectors. Attendees will return to their homes, communities and workplaces with the knowledge and tools necessary to begin leading with purpose.
For more details and to register, visit http://www.spelmanwomenofcolorconf.com . Join the discussion and share your thoughts on this year’s theme on Facebook and Twitter , #SpelmanWOCC.
Convened by Jane E. Smith, Ed.D., executive director of the Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement at Spelman College, the conference features experts who will offer proven methods to effectively align values and goals in one’s professional and personal life. Among the distinguished speakers:
- Henna Inam, CEO, Transformational Leadership, Inc.
- Deborah Owens, CEO, Owens Media Group LLC
- Rep. Alisha Thomas Morgan, C’2000, GA State House, District 39
- Legacy of Leadership Award Honorees
And back by popular demand:
- Conversations with Spelman College President Beverly Daniel Tatum, Ph.D.
- Katherine Giscombe, vice president, Diverse Women & Inclusion Research, Catalyst
- Conference Coach Kym A. Harris, Ed.D., CEO and president, Your SweetSpot™ Coaching and Consulting Company
- Conference Fitness Expert Andrea Riggs, national fitness expert & TV personality/trainer
Wednesday, May 16
3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Georgia International Convention Center
Thursday, May 17
7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
About Spelman College
Founded in 1881, Spelman College is a prestigious, highly selective, liberal arts college that prepares women to change the world. Located in Atlanta, Ga., this historically black college boasts an 83 percent graduation rate, and outstanding alumnae such as Children’s Defense Fund Founder Marian Wright Edelman; former U.S. Foreign Service Director General Ruth Davis; authors Tina McElroy Ansa and Pearl Cleage; and actress LaTanya Richardson. More than 85 percent of the full-time faculty members have Ph.D.s or other terminal degrees, and the average faculty to student ratio is 11:1. Approximately 2,100 students attend Spelman. Spelman College has been ranked as the number one HBCU for five consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report; number 62 among Best Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News & World Report; and 12th for Best Career Services by The Princeton Review. For more information, visit: http://www.spelman.edu.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/3/prweb9257192.htm