LOS ANGELES Jan. 21, 2011 North America January 31st
WAKFU is an innovative Tactical MMORPG that takes place in a fantasy universe created by Ankama for adventurers of all levels. WAKFU will transport you to a magical universe full of action and adventure, with over 14 character classes, a unique turn-based combat system, and strange, colorful landscapes. It’s up to you to find your own strategy and succeed in the challenges you’ll face along the way. Who knows, maybe you’ll become one of WAKFU’s greatest heroes?
THE STORY OF WAKFU
The World of Twelve has known nothing but chaos and upheaval for one dark millennium. The terrible Ogrest had succeeded where so many had failed, gathering together all six of the legendary dragon’s eggs called Dofus. But he became consumed with the strength that had nourished him. And now, mad with rage and unable to control his destructive power, Ogrest let his wrath beat down upon the World.
Legends speak of a cosmic battle between the gods, a boundless deluge, and the advent of a titan. As players step into a world whose landmass has shrunk to but a few vast islands and archipelagos in a single ocean, they have the opportunity to help shape the world and write the story of WAKFU. The World awaits its heroes!
- 14 highly original classes – with 25 spells each, giving players the opportunity to become a fierce warrior, a magician with healing powers, an assassin or even a summoner able to call plants or animals.
- Tactical gameplay – Turn-based tactical combat means that players will have to think their way through battles.
- Evolving Ecosystem – Player actions affect the world around them. Kill that monster and it may be gone for good. Harvest that wheat and it might never reappear there again. Players will have to carefully choose when to protect or exploit natural resources.
- Customizable Characters – Robust set of customization features for players to select to create truly personalized characters. Green hair? Check. Grey skin? Check. A far-out hairstyle? Check.
- Playing Politics – Brute force is not the only way to rule. Engage in a rich political system that allows for voting, the election of government officials, tax collection, and more.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 97 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 54 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
Anthony Roux Camille Chafer Emmanuel Darras France www.wakfu.com
©2011 Ankama. Published by Square Enix, Inc. WAKFU and DOFUS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ankama SARL France. DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. FACEBOOK is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. TWITTER is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc.
SOURCE Square Enix, Inc.