- To promote teamwork
- To teach research techniques
- To build communication skills
- To discover aspects of American life
- To explore other countries and cultures
- To encourage creativity through stamp design
- T o reinforce language skills through storytelling
- To increase the motivational level of at-risk students
- To challenge the gifted child as he/she explores with stamps
- To enhance the development of reading, writing, and math skills
- And because it’s FUN!
The American Philatelic Society is the ultimate resource for teachers interested in using stamps in their classrooms. Visit http://www.stamps.org/education or contact Gretchen Moody by phone: 814-933-3803, ext. 239, e-mail: gretchen(at)stamps(dot)org.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9845859.htm