GENEVA Feb. 9, 2011 ™
The ECMF02 and ECMF04 are the industry’s first silicon-based ICs to combine the common-mode filtering and ESD protection needed by high-speed data lines. Common-mode filtering prevents data errors caused by electromagnetic interference (EMI), and is usually implemented using a separate ceramic-type component. ST’s new devices enable a cost-effective single-chip solution saving printed-circuit-board (PCB) space and simplifying design and assembly.
ST currently supplies more than 30% of all IPAD components worldwide and has patented a new filter topology to realize the Common-Mode Filter (CMF) in silicon. This represents a technical breakthrough that will save up to 50% of the PCB space typically needed to implement the CMF and ESD protection separately. The devices are also only 0.55mm high, which will help designers create ultra-slimline products.
- ECMF02 – single-channel device
- ECMF04 – two data-channel device
- 6GHz differential bandwidth, complies with HDMI, MIPI D-PHY and USB2.0
- -34dB at 900MHz
- -20dB between 800MHz and 2.2GHz
- High ESD protection with low remaining voltage (Vpeak < 50V)
- Flow-through pin-out enabling efficient, simplified PCB layout
$10.35 billion www.st.com
IPAD is a trademark of STMicroelectronics. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.