Open Source Platform for Building Installable Internet Applications Makes Building GUI Applications Even Easier
FOREST HILL, Md. Jan. 19, 2011
Apache Pivot is used in hundreds of applications across numerous industries, including retail, software, financial services, manufacturing, aerospace, and education, among others. Many of these applications have been developed for international use as well, as one of the key benefits of using Apache Pivot is ease of localization.
Apache Pivot 2.0 features a number of significant enhancements that include:
- Dynamic data binding – properties of target elements are automatically updated whenever a source value changes;
- Support for named styles – CSS-like style classes are supported, including both typed and untyped style selectors;
- Support for SVG images in addition to standard bitmap-based images (such as JPEG, PNG, or GIF)
- Overhauled TextArea component – includes word navigation. undo/redo, and improved cut/paste behavior;
- Additional color schemes optimized for a variety of popular desktop environments;
- Serializer events – applications can now be notified as structured content such as JSON, XML, or CSV is read from an input stream;
- Eclipse launcher – an Eclipse plugin helps simplify creating launch configurations for Pivot applications.
Oversight and Availability
Apache Pivot is available under the Apache Software License v2.0, and is overseen by a Project Management Committee (PMC), who guide its day-to-day operations, including community development and product releases.
About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
Matt Mullenweg http://www.apache.org/
SOURCE Apache Software Foundation